[TYPO3-doc] Standalone Sphinx

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Apr 17 14:02:38 CEST 2013

Hi,

> On 17-4-2013 12:45, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>> What do you think?
>
> If I understand you correctly your solution for displaying documentation
> in the TYPO3 backend is that it requires python and sphinx on the system
> to render it on the fly from the ReST sources? Really, a PHP application
> that also requires python and sphinx if you want to read the
> documentation of installed extensions...
>
> I'm speechless...

You got me wrong, I don't say that this is THE solution, I'm just saying
that providing a Sphinx environment to extension authors or users is
feasible. Regarding the integration in Backend, this is more a proof of
concept, I don't have a real use case right now and certainly it will
never be something for everyone, just as is the kickstarter, only for
some kind of members in our community.

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6