[TYPO3-doc] Textrole :api:`something`to link to the TYPO3 api

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Thu Sep 27 16:17:54 CEST 2012

I heard about the need to have a textrole 'api' that helps linking to
our api resources.

We have a textrole "Forge" already that helps writing links to forge. If
you write

:forge:`41424`

this will give for example in HTML

external">forge: 41424</a>

Now, with API it's a bit more complicated since we have different API
destination websites and they may change more soon than later.

Offer:
I think I can provide a Sphinx extension that can do that magic.

Request:
What I need to program that logic is a list of samples of the various
API links. For each I need a triple a/b/c:

a: What do you write in ReST?
   What is 'content' when you write:  :api:`content` ?

b: What should appear as linked text?

c: What is the desired url pointing to the API?

Keep on sailing ...

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de