[TYPO3-doc] Not extending the Extension Manager

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Mon Sep 24 08:18:40 CEST 2012

Hi again,

> That could indeed be really good because many manuals provide useful
> information for "simple" editors and with the move to reST we should
> start thinking about more advanced integration of the documentation
> within TYPO3. I could easily think of showing the "user manual part" of
> installed extensions for my editors.

If some of you missed it a while ago (was sent on twitter as a
showcase), just an example of a step towards integrating documentation
within TYPO3 as a context help in DB > list:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7M1HLg87Aw&feature=plcp

It's not yet "public" but I could easily make it an extension on Forge
with a proper API for extensions to register their own documentation
according to "where" and "who" is logged-in.

Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org