[TYPO3-doc] [!!!][NEW] T3PythonDocBuilder package available - two params to get it all!

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Mon Sep 3 16:26:06 CEST 2012

.. Give that beast two parameters and it'll
   return a whole lotta stuff!

[!!!][TASK] New: T3PythonDocBuilderPackage

The "T3PythonDocBuilder" is an application that can be run on the
commandline on Linux, Mac and Windows like this:

$ cd T3PythonDocBuilder
$ python t3pdb_sxw2html.py manual.sxw tempdir

The infile "manual.sxw" is read. "tempdir" must specify a writable
folder. The application will parse the OpenOffice document and create
ReST files which are then rendered as HTML again.

Additionally a ready-to-run Sphinx documentation project ist created.

For details see README.rst.

Change-Id: I8f86beaa649305e4cbe348a26123def5401dc071
Resolves: #39828

README.rst:
http://git.typo3.org/Documentation/RestTools.git?a=blob;f=T3PythonDocBuilderPackage/src/T3PythonDocBuilder/README.rst

Project
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/39828
https://review.typo3.org/#/c/14316/

To explore an EXAMPLE immediately:
http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/T3PythonDocBuilder/README.html
http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/T3PythonDocBuilder/

Run this command::

  $ python t3pdb_sxw2html.py workspaces_manual.sxw temp/

and go for the various outfiles:
http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/T3PythonDocBuilder/temp/t3pdb/

Here we are keeping the tables:
http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/T3PythonDocBuilder/temp/t3pdb/manual.t3flt.html
http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/T3PythonDocBuilder/temp/t3pdb/manual.t3flt.rst

Here we are using the "dl=definition list" structure instead:
http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/T3PythonDocBuilder/temp/t3pdb/manual.dl.html
http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/T3PythonDocBuilder/temp/t3pdb/manual.dl.rst

Logfiles:
http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/T3PythonDocBuilder/temp/t3pdb/logs/

A complete TYPO3 Documentation structure for Sphinx:
http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/T3PythonDocBuilder/temp/t3pdb/Documentation/

Including make-commands:
http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/T3PythonDocBuilder/temp/t3pdb/Documentation/_make/

Yaml files and logfiles from the Sphinx build process:
http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/T3PythonDocBuilder/temp/t3pdb/Documentation/_make/_not_versioned/

.. note::

   If 'warnings.txt' has size 0 then there haven't been any
   warnings or errors.

And of course, there's the Sphinx result:
http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/T3PythonDocBuilder/temp/t3pdb/Documentation/_make/build/html/

A few improvements have been incorporated. One is that images are now
displayed in full size by default. Up to now they used to be scaled down
to the size they originally had in OpenOffice.

.. tip::

   If you use 't3rst2html.py' from this package
   instead of the normal 'rst2html.py' that the Docutils brought
   to your system you can use the 't3-field-list-table' directive
   to mark up tables. No need for Sphinx, no need to patch the
   Docutils any more!

I tell you what: I'm gonna have a coffee now!

Have fun ...

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de