[TYPO3-doc] http://typo3.org/the-brand/the-typo3-family/

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Sat Oct 6 14:21:48 CEST 2012

Hi Martin,

On 06.10.2012, at 10:37, Martin Bless <m.bless at gmx.de> wrote:

> looking at
>
> http://typo3.org/the-brand/the-typo3-family/
>
> I must say that I'm really shocked and totally demotivated.

> Why is the green of the logo gone? And note: Everything is "TYPO3
> something" now, but there is no "TYPO3" itself (I mean: *The* TYPO3
> original product) any more.

If you didn't already, I suggest that you watch the keynote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew3EvFA8Px4

It should shed more light on the whole concept and background.

In practice not a lot changes for the name: in everyday use, it's still just "TYPO3".
In order to distinguish the CMS from the project though, we call the CMS "TYPO3 CMS".

> Did somebody else in the documentation team know that it was planned to
> both rename TYPO3 to TYPO3 CMS and change the logo?

"TYPO3 CMS" was introduced as a namespace for TYPO3 6.0 and in that regard
the core team at least knew it a lot before.

I know that big changes are difficult to embrace, especially if you personally were not
participating in the group working on the solution. But I suggest to let it sink in a bit,
try to see it a bit from a distance and then raise any questions you might have.

Speaking with dozens of people here after the keynote, the reactions were, without
exception, very positive.

Cheers,
Robert

--
Robert Lemke
Lead Developer TYPO3 Neos and TYPO3 Flow

Blog: robertlemke.com/blog
Get involved: typo3.org – flow.typo3.org – neos.typo3.org