[TYPO3-doc] Migration of doc_template completed (for extension developers)

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed May 30 08:49:07 CEST 2012

Hi Xavier,

> Documentation available for translation on:
> http://translation.typo3.org/projects/Documentation.example.manual/

Thanks for making this first try. I wonder if Pootle is really usable
for whole manuals. It's fine for localized strings, but it feels weird
having one entry per structural element in manual. We'll have to see
what translators feel about it. OTOH for the few professional
translation tools that I have seen, they also work that way.

> A few comments:
>
> - This documentation provides pseudo translation directories (Fr / De)
>
> 	=>  forget about it, this is not the way to perform translation
> 	=>  should be removed from Git ASAP

This was discussed earlier, but should indeed be done. Anyway from the
discussions we had with the FLOW3 team, they are not planning to have
the translations inside the packages either.