[TYPO3-doc] srv123 and preview server: files, urls, building

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Tue May 29 09:51:11 CEST 2012

Being asked by PM I better answer here as well:

Normally we are using Sphinx
============================
in general we are just using the latest Sphinx version. It is version
1.2pre which I fetch using 'hg'. Its located in
   file:///home/mbless/HTDOCS/01-server-setup-howto/4-sphinx/sphinx

http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/01-server-setup-howto/4-sphinx/sphinx/

To install such a Sphinx version, you have to do:
   cd /home/mbless/HTDOCS/01-server-setup-howto/4-sphinx/sphinx
   sudo python setup.py install

For extension manuals
=====================
from TER and Forge I do not use Sphinx but Docutils only
   file:///home/mbless/public_html/typo3/extensions
   http://preview.docs.typo3.org/typo3/extensions/

The scripts for this:
   file:///home/mbless/HTDOCS/render-ter-extensions
   http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/render-ter-extensions/

Building the ExtensionManualExample
===================================

Source:
http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/git.typo3.org/Documentation/TYPO3/Example/ExtensionManual.git/

Result:
http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/ExtensionManualExample/

Builddir / Tempdir:
http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/git.typo3.org/Documentation/TYPO3/Example/ExtensionManual.git.make/

Here we have the actual *Makefile* and the actual *conf.py*. The name
and path of the final result dir is specified in the Makefile. On the
commandline you can do a
   sphinx-build --help

to find out about the options of sphinx-build. For now I entered in
the Makefile:
   SPHINXOPTS = -c . -a -E -w warnings.txt

This means:
   -c .      Find conf.py in current dir.
   -a        Always write all files
   -E        Do not use precollected results
   -w warnings.txt     Collect warnings and errors in warnings.txt

No other magic is needed to create the warnings.txt file. If it is of
length zero after a build then der was no warning at all.

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de