[TYPO3-doc] Help with the migration to reST

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sat May 26 00:37:19 CEST 2012

Hi all,

here is what I just send via PM, I have not seen that Martin posted in to
the newsgroup too:

http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/git.typo3.org/Documentation/TYPO3/Reference/Tca.git.make/
>     I think we need to have control over those on the server. So they
>     shouldn't be in the project. We should use a configuration file
>     later IN the project later which can be maintained by the authors.
>     But that should be a text- or ini-file and not executable code.

So where is the Tca.git.make versioned?

Maybe my point is not clear enough, I - as a user, currently not
involved in the server setup at all - just want to render the
documentation locally (to check it) with running a *maximum of three*
commands.
Any more steps are unacceptable and me need to make sure to fix this ASAP.

Anything specific to the manual - that does include configuration - must
be versioned together with the manual. It just belongs there.

If the configuration is the same for all documentations repositories, we
should use a submodule for this and version the stuff at a central
place. If this does not work for whatever reason, the configuration must
be dynamic enough to accept the configuration via environment variables
(or parameters).

Sorry for being so picky about this, but it is really important to me that
the whole documentation rendering is reduced to simple steps for
contributers.

Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!