[TYPO3-doc] Help with the migration to reST

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Sat May 26 00:31:12 CEST 2012

Hi François,

good you started. To help from my side - here's a quick answer:

I checked that out to:
http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/git.typo3.org/Documentation/TYPO3/Reference/Tca.git/

Q: Didn't we want to have a subfolder "Documentation" in there as
starting point?

I made a parallel folder 'Tca.git.make' to hold the makefile and
conf.py:

http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/git.typo3.org/Documentation/TYPO3/Reference/Tca.git.make/
I think we need to have control over those on the server. So they
shouldn't be in the project. We should use a configuration file later
IN the project later which can be maintained by the authors. But that
should be a text- or ini-file and not executable code.

@Philip: At least this is for the processing on the server. There may
be a Makefile and/or conf.py in the project. But I wouldn't execute
those directly.

Were there errors at the moment? No. That's good :-)
OTH: many warnings, and we don't really get output:
http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/git.typo3.org/Documentation/TYPO3/Reference/Tca.git.make/warnings.txt

The .. toctree:: directives import the other files. The names have to
be adjusted there as well. For example:

img-2-tca-reference/Index
       instead of
img-2-tca-reference/index

The image directives in the 'images.txt' files need to be adjusted as
well. For example:

OLD: .. |img-1|      image:: ../img/manual_html_72264b4e.png
NEW: .. |img-1|      image:: ../Images/manual_html_72264b4e.png

I have build the stuff in:
http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/TCA-Reference/

So you have to go to 'Index.html' there:
http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/TCA-Reference/Index.html

Have nice holidays!

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de