[TYPO3-doc] Help with the migration to reST

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri May 25 22:28:33 CEST 2012

Hi all,

As announced, Martin has converted all official manuals to reST. On the
other side, all Git repositories are ready to receive the migrated
manuals. There are now several steps to take for each manual and we
could use all the help possible. It's rather tedious work, but if we
join forces we'll be done with it more quickly.

This is the list of Git repositories:

Documentation/TYPO3/Reference/CoreApi.git
Documentation/TYPO3/Reference/CodingGuidelines.git
Documentation/TYPO3/Reference/InsideTypo3.git
Documentation/TYPO3/Reference/Typo3Services.git
Documentation/TYPO3/Reference/Skinning.git
Documentation/TYPO3/Reference/TyposcriptSyntax.git
Documentation/TYPO3/Reference/Tsconfig.git
Documentation/TYPO3/Reference/Typoscript.git
Documentation/TYPO3/Guide/Installation.git
Documentation/TYPO3/Guide/FrontendLocalization.git
Documentation/TYPO3/Guide/Security.git
Documentation/TYPO3/Tutorial/Editors.git
Documentation/TYPO3/Tutorial/GettingStarted.git
Documentation/TYPO3/Tutorial/Typoscript45Minutes.git

(there are others, but they are either already in reST or yet empty).

For each of these repositories, the steps to be taken are described here:

https://notes.typo3.org/p/reST%20migration%20post-processing

Just grab one and reply to this thread to inform everyone about which
one you're tackling (to have duplicate work).

There might be some bottlenecks for committing the "delete" and "initial
import" steps as I will be away the whole (prolonged) weekend. Hopefully
Christopher (or someone else from the appropriate team) can take care of
that first commit.

*PLEASE* no one merge the last step (after all the changes to
UpperCamelCase). I have been through the above-mentioned process for the
TCA reference but want to have peer-review first (requested by PM). But
I still wanted to post this before the week-end, in case some of you
have some spare time and want to start helping.

Disclaimer: while working on the TCA reference I also renamed some
folders, please don't do that unless you're deeply involved in the
manual and feel sure about what you're doing. Just changing to
UpperCamelCase is good enough and already very useful.

Thanks in advance for your help.