[TYPO3-doc] FLOW3 Distribution and base packages for ReST Rendering

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Mon May 14 17:01:33 CEST 2012

Hey @all,

as promised on the last meeting on Friday, I have set up a basic FLOW3
Distribution for the docs.typo3.org rendering. So far, I did the following:

  * added all FLOW3 base packages
  * adjusted and added all Queue and Beanstalkd packages
  * added the DocTools package
  * extended the DocTools package a little to use the Beanstalk and
    Queue packes as an example for you to get started

How to continue:

 1. Check out Sites/DocsTypo3Org from git, best using our GitHelper:
    http://wwwision.de/githelper/#Sites/DocsTypo3Org.git
 2. the stub classes I created are in Packages/Application/TYPO3.DocTools:
    Classes/Command/DocumentationRenderingCommandController.php and
    Classes/Job/DocumentationRenderJob.php

    -> you can see https://review.typo3.org/#/c/11186/ for a quick overview

In order to test the work queue, you need to do the following:

  * install & run beanstalkd
  * in one console, type:
      o ./flow3 job:work renderDocumentation
  * and in another console, you can add jobs using
      o ./flow3 documentationrendering:addjob /tmp/foo

The remaining DocTools package is currently used for rendering the
documentation on the flow3.org website,
so if you touch these parts, let us please know :-)

If you have any questions, the FLOW3 team is there to assist you on
irc.freenode.net channel #flow3

Greetings, and looking forward to the new documentation Rendering,
Sebastian

PS: @Firesoftware: PLEASE disable your autoresponder!