[TYPO3-doc] Next steps: updates for TYPO3 4.7 and reST migration

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Mar 30 12:17:20 CEST 2012

Hi all,

A short overview of what's ahead of us in the documentation project,
that may help put into perspectives the other mails I wrote today about
the migration to reST.

1) we have been working on updating the TSref, TSconfig and TCA
reference for TYPO3 4.7. This is essentially complete and just needs
some reviewing. This was still done in OpenOffice. The updated manuals
will be published during the night of April 23, so that they are
rendered on April 24 in the morning when TYPO3 4.7 is released.

2) we want to migrate to reST as soon as possible, ideally before
T3DD12, so that all manuals are already available in that format for the
workshop that will be held there by Martin.

This step implies knowing how we name the documents in reST and Git
(each official manual will be moved to its own Git repo after migration
to reST). Hence the urgency mentioned in my other post.

3) provide all manuals online as soon as they are migrated to reST, but
with temporary URLs until we can clean up the structure (after the "raw"
migration, folders are numbers and files are prepended with numbers too).

I hope this makes the way ahead a bit clearer. Feel free to ask
questions if you have any.