[TYPO3-doc] How to get all manuals?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Jun 24 18:42:24 CEST 2012

Hi,

> I don't have the answer but I remember some discussion about that in the ML to get all the docs at
> once. I also tried the command below but didn't get any submodules.
>
> git clone --recursive git://git.typo3.org/Documentation/Manuals.git

Indeed, this repository is currently empty. It was meant to be an
umbrella for all other manuals and we thought about using submodules for
this. But it turns that submodules *need* to have their index updated in
order to be synchronized with the "parent" repository, which would be a
hassle as what we want it a way to have all repositories up to date at
any point. Someone mentioned what could be a solution using subtrees,
but I'm not enough into Git to be sure.

Maybe someone can help with this?