[TYPO3-doc] On-line services for extension manual

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Wed Jun 20 19:42:03 CEST 2012

Fabien,

>> BTW, Steffen Gebert changed the Apache settings yesterday, so its
>> running as "www-data" again. Could that be a problem?
>
>Ah! I have just fixed the permission again to have the "render" action works at least; "convert"
>action won't.
>
>The current problem is that the OpenOffice.org daemon is launched as user "mbless". As a result,
>www-data can't use the OOo service because of permission.

There is a group "www-default" with members "www-data" and "mbless".
You as "fudriot" should become a member of that group as well. What I
then do - for example with subtree ~/HTDOCS/... is:

cd ~
sudo su mbless
umask 002
sudo chown -R mbless:www-default HTDOCS
find HTDOCS -type d -exec chmod g+rws {} "+"
find HTDOCS -type f -exec chmod g+rw  {} "+"

In words:

Set your umask to 002, so the group will have right permissions on new
files.

Assign the group 'www-default' to all files and folders.

Make existing files and folders writable by the group.

Add the "s" bit to the group. That will ensure, that all new files and
folders will inherit the group "www-default".

So typically you have folders 02775 and files 0664.

cheers!

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de