[TYPO3-doc] generating PDF - make latex broken with sphinx 1.2pre

Fabien Udriot fabien.udriot at ecodev.ch
Fri Jun 8 11:28:42 CEST 2012

Hi,

Latex is still the preferred strategy for rendering PDF, isn't it?

I tried using command "make latex" on our Docs Preview Server but got an error with Sphinx 1.2pre,
that I have reported at the bottom.

On the PDF topic, I noticed a different approach (from Xavier if I am not mistaken) than the one
used in the generic Makefile. I assume it is all about PDF quality. What command would ensure the
best result?

Code taken from typo3.perseguers.ch to render PDF:

* /usr/bin/rst2html
* /usr/bin/rst2latex
* /usr/bin/pdflatex

"make latex" output
=======================

$> make latex

sphinx-build -b latex -d /home/render/files/anonymous/ExtensionManual/doctrees  -c . -a -E -Q -w
Warnings.txt Documentation /home/render/files/anonymous/ExtensionManual/latex

Exception occurred:
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Sphinx-1.2pre_6e960412308fdev_20120528-py2.6.egg/sphinx/builders/latex.py",
line 75, in init_document_data
    self.titles.append((docname, entry[2]))
IndexError: list index out of range

Fabien