[TYPO3-doc] Converting manual.sxw to reST using OpenOffice daemon

Fabien Udriot fabien.udriot at ecodev.ch
Fri Jun 8 11:28:04 CEST 2012

Hi Martin,

Do you have any snippet that I can use to convert a manual.sxw to reST taking advantage of the
OpenOffice daemon?

I noticed a cron job [1] on the server that is used for the TER manuals. Within the script, I
spotted the function _convertsxw2html_ involved in the OOo manual conversion... However, the whole
script goes over my scope for my project [2].

I would like to be able to transform only one manual.sxw by the mean of a command that takes as
input a manual.sxw and gives as output the reST files? Do we have already something like that?

If not, an idea would be to re-factor the script a little bit to split up the functionalities?

Regards,

Fabien

[1] /home/mbless/HTDOCS/render-ter-extensions/010_cronjob_get_new_from_ter.py
[2] http://preview.docs.typo3.org/getthedocs/