[TYPO3-doc] Easy install of "typo3sphinx" theme

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Wed Jun 6 13:18:44 CEST 2012

Fabien,

>Hi Martin,
>
>>> To install:
>>>   $ cd ./ExtendingSphinxForTYPO3
>>>   $ (sudo) python setup.py install
>
>Thanks for that. I am just wondering how the theme could be updated?
>
>Fabien
>

>>> http://git.typo3.org/Documentation/RestTools.git

Easy enough. In principle we would just make changes in
.../RestTools.git/ExtendingSphinxForTYPO3/src/t3sphinx/themes/typo3sphinx/

and then you run setup.py again:
$ cd .../RestTools.git
$ python setup.py install

But lets be a bit careful with the "typo3sphinx" theme and avoid
unnecessary work. I propose if someone wants to tinker with the theme:
Make a copy of it and work on that one.

$ cd .../RestTools.git/ExtendingSphinxForTYPO3/src/t3sphinx/themes/
$ cp -rp typo3sphinx typo3dev

Then we have
RestTools.git/ExtendingSphinxForTYPO3/src/t3sphinx/themes/typo3sphinx/
RestTools.git/ExtendingSphinxForTYPO3/src/t3sphinx/themes/typo3dev/

We could push that to the Git repository and work on the "typo3dev"
theme. The only thing you have to change in your conf.py file then is
write:
html_theme = "typo3dev"
     instead of
html_theme = "typo3sphinx"

Where is the sun? Why do we have winter in June? Could somebody please
run a summer-installer?

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de