[TYPO3-doc] Official docs: Mostly CamelCased now (to be pushed again)

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Fri Jun 1 12:19:40 CEST 2012

Hi,

> Aren't we talking about the file structure how it should be [1]? If we don't store the "build" in
> the extension, so there is not need to have "source" folder either.
>
> [1] http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/git.typo3.org/Documentation/TYPO3/Guide/Security.git

What I understand, as an extension developer:

I have my ext "myext" under typo3conf/ext/myext. Documentation will be
stored under typo3conf/ext/myext/Documentation, the structure within
this Documentation directory is as follows (in Git repository):

Documentation
|-- source
|-- Makefile
`-- conf.py

This allows me to compile my documentation locally and it will cleanly
be stored under a "build" directory which should be ignored for my git
(or SVN) repository. The problem is the same when mixing up all files
without the "source" directory, I will have to ignore the _build
directory. It does not make sense to configure locally to go to, let's
say "../build" because the documentation would then be generated to
typo3conf/ext/myext/build which is totally absurd.

When I upload my ext, the TER on typo3.org will don't use Makefile and
conf.py, so having a "source" directory makes it easy to forget about
all what's not needed (all the "garbage" under Documentation except the
"source" directory).

At least, this is what I understand.

--
Xavier Perseguers