[TYPO3-doc] render old docs: notify user of new version

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Fri Jan 6 11:02:11 CET 2012

Hello,

I keep a list of bookmarks to the documentation on typo3.org in my
browser. To get there quickly I link to the view part. However this is
not possible with a version like "current" but only with a specific
version like "4.5.1".

Example of such a bookmark:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_tca/4.5.1/view/

Problem now is, I will never notice that a new version of the document
is available unless I really activly check the situation.

Best solution would IMO be to have soemthing like an "unversioned view
link", similar to the overview:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_tca/current/

Another approach would be to notify the user "This is version x.y, most
recent version is x.z' when rendering any "non current version" of a doc.

What do you think?

Thx and Greets,
Peter
--