[TYPO3-doc] New: Use a YAML file "Settings.yml" for configuration in your ReST documentation

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Sat Aug 18 11:37:23 CEST 2012

Jacob,

>Yah, when talking about running programs, we run them on the computer, on
>windows, on linux, on a mac or on the moon... (jk about the moon).

Isn't it Mars these days? Just for curiosity ...

>Also, you might want to change the title of that issue to say t3sphinx
>instead of tsphinx :D

Yes, thanks. Did that. My eyes had adapted already and would probably
never ever had discovered that typo.

>Plus, we could probably use something very similar to link to the api docs.
>:api:'TYPO3\FLOW3\MagicClassJustForFun'

Would you like to give that a try in one of your documentation
projects? Then please add this to your Settings.yml file. That's all
you have to do:

conf.py:

  extlinks:
    forge:
    - http://forge.typo3.org/issues/%s
    - 'forge: '
    api:
    - http://typo3.org/api/%s
    - 'API: '

With the above you could write

  :api:`typo3/class_ajax_login.html`

and you would get:

    API: typo3/class_ajax_login.html</a>

It it's the nice solution you're looking for we could add that to the
GlobalSettings.yml. OTH I'm afraid we still have a large variety in
how api links are constructed. Some pages are even framed.

But it looks like a good way to go!

Martin, always enjoing your posts ...

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de