[TYPO3-doc] Organization for the next steps

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri Aug 3 20:27:24 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 3-8-2012 14:44, François Suter wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Only if there is an online connection. Otherwise the EM will need to fall
>> back to either PDF, local HTML or the plain reST version (in that order).
>> It is not possible to render the reST files without the toolchain being
>> available on the server.
>
> Yes, exactly, displaying raw ReST files is a kind of last possible
> fallback. Of course I support the idea of packaging rendered formats
> with the source (for example, PDF or single-page HTML), but my worry is
> one of timing.

Sorry, I understood that the functional feature would be rendering ReST
file in the core. If it's just the logic of which links to provide, that
is indeed so marginal that it can be added as a last minute feature.

OTOH it would be fairly easy to implement the logic now with checks to
see if the resource is available plus a hook to provide optional extra
resources in extensions.
If the default locations of the resources / names / ... change these can
of course be modified just before the release.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!