[TYPO3-doc] Documentation Subdomain and Search (Solr on TYPO3.org)

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Apr 27 12:49:26 CEST 2012

Hi Olivier,

> We are currently thinking of work packages for the Search on TYPO3.org.

What's a "work package"?

> Could you sketch your ideas about the search on the documents subdomains?

The current idea is to have all documents rendered as HTML to
docs.typo3.org. I assume it is not an issue for Solr to crawl all these
pages. Do you need some particular meta data in the page header that
could help Solr do a better job?

> How can we make sure, that we can search from TYPO3.org content from the
> Documents?

I don't understand your question. The Solr search on typo3.org already
displays results from other subdomains like Forge. What do you mean exactly?

> I would also join a meeting from your team if you dont mind?

You're absolutely welcome. As Philipp already answered, our next team
meeting will take place on May 24, at 21:00 CET. If that's too late for
you, we can organize something ad hoc before then.