[TYPO3-doc] ReST Migration: planning the next steps

Daniel Siepmann layne.obserdia at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 14:50:29 CEST 2012

On 2012-04-12 10:12:58 +0000, François Suter said:

> Hi Daniel,
>
>> Just my personal opinion, I dislike the small pages like blog articles
>> where you have to click 1, 2, 3, 4,5,6 for just one article. I like one
>> page per information.
>> So one page for each TypoScript object sounds good. One per property
>> will let you click to many links for the information you need. And most
>> people are just using the online documentation, they will not be able to
>> print one object without printing multiple Websites.
>
> I've been thinking about that too. What we could try to do is to have
> both, which is actually pretty common on many documentation sites, i.e.
> one version cut into many pages (which are convenient to target a
> single topic and to attach comments and snippets to, for example), and
> one version in a single HTML file.
>
> I'm sure that must be possible, it remains to be seen how much extra
> effort it requires.
>
> Cheers

That would be nice.
Eveyone can use the Version he likes.
That's allways the best way.

BTW: I like the current example:
http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/2012-03-06/doc_core_api/500-manual-made-by-rst2html.html#hooks-vs-xclass-extensions.

But is it possible to add syntax highlighting for the each language?
(PHP, XML, JavaScript, TypoScript)

--
Best Regards,
Daniel Siepmann.