[TYPO3-doc] ReST Migration: planning the next steps

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Apr 12 12:12:58 CEST 2012

Hi Daniel,

> Just my personal opinion, I dislike the small pages like blog articles
> where you have to click 1, 2, 3, 4,5,6 for just one article. I like one
> page per information.
> So one page for each TypoScript object sounds good. One per property
> will let you click to many links for the information you need. And most
> people are just using the online documentation, they will not be able to
> print one object without printing multiple Websites.

I've been thinking about that too. What we could try to do is to have
both, which is actually pretty common on many documentation sites, i.e.
one version cut into many pages (which are convenient to target a single
topic and to attach comments and snippets to, for example), and one
version in a single HTML file.

I'm sure that must be possible, it remains to be seen how much extra
effort it requires.