[TYPO3-doc] Reshaping the Documentation Team

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Sep 24 14:20:19 CEST 2011

Hi Ines,

> as I said on the news post, I'd like to help.

You did and I guess you had no idea how your volunteering was timely ;-)

> Rewriting Documentation is somethink I feel I could help with,
> especially converting documentation.
> Do you plan on manually converting the existing docs to reST or do you
> plan on automatic conversion?

I aim for a first batch of automatic conversion, but I expect that
manual work will have to be done after that.

> Wiki: I'd like to get to know mediawiki, but am rather new in regards of
> that software, therefore I think I'll be of no immediate help.

No problem.

> Getting started and modern template building would, in my opinion,
> benefit from more than one editor. If someone like help, especially with
> proofreading and from an not too deep into the document perspective, I
> can help. If nobody claims them, I don't know, if I'll have the time to
> do it alone in a timely manner. As I'm new here, I'd like to help others
> rather than claiming widely exposed documents to get to know you.

For MTB the idea is definitely to build a team, not only because it is a
lot of work to do that alone, but also because it ensures a better
maintenance of the manual once published.