[TYPO3-doc] Reshaping the Documentation Team

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Sep 23 12:25:41 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Following the tragic death of Daniel Brüßler we need to reorganize the
Documentation Team and find new forces. I've made the round of the issue
trackers of the various projects and sub-projects that the Doc Team
cares for. I have also collected what was still just in my head about
upcoming tasks.

If you feel like helping, this is your time to shine.

The list is below, but the *most* important point is the TYPO3 wiki.
This was really Daniel's area and that's where we need skills the most
badly. Ideally we would need a small team of people that would take care
of maintaining the wiki, making continuous improvements, upgrading the
source software and generally caring for bugs that may happen. To have
an idea of the open issues, please refer to the dedicated bug tracker [1].

The other big projects are the ongoing maintenance and improvement of
the official documentation and the migration to reST.

Here are some of the priorities:

- official documentation:
* finish updating Getting Started, TCA reference and Core APIs
* start/continue updating for 4.6
* start the rewrite of important outdated manuals, such as Modern
Template Building

- reST migration:
* transform sample DocBook manual to sample reST manual
* work on the rendering process
* work on converting the existing manuals

These are just a few. Again if you feel like helping, don't hesitate to
join. Announce yourself here in this list and we'll organize the work.

As an aside, there's a new member status now on Forge, "Honorary Member"
and I have assigned it to Daniel's user (the change is not effective in
every sub-project yet). I felt it was the best we could do to reorganize
things but keep his memory.

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3org-wiki/issues