[TYPO3-doc] doc_core_api: Caching Framework

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Oct 27 21:39:53 CEST 2011

Hi Steffen,

> One thing regarding doc_core_api: We have a great description of the
> Caching Framework in the Wiki, however not in official documentation.
>
> As this text is pretty well written, it could be easily copy & pasted
> into a document like doc_core_api (which IMHO fits for this).
>
> Is there a plan to update this (maybe even without converting it
> completely to reST etc.)?

Yes there is, but we lack manpower, as always. I'm currently working on
extracting the TCA reference from the Core APIs. The work is already
done and my next steps are to update the TCA reference to 4.5 and then
to 4.6.

After that the update of Core APIs should follow, but it's a manual that
takes a lot of effort keeping up to date. We are all (I think) well
aware of the Caching Framework description in the wiki and I agree that
it can be included as is in the official docs, but it's just the usual
lack of time. Which is very frustrating.