[TYPO3-doc] Create custom inline markup reStructuredText

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Oct 13 11:26:35 CEST 2011

Hi Fabien,

>> perhaps this helps a bit::
>> http://www.doughellmann.com/articles/how-tos/sphinx-custom-roles/
>
> Good hint! Thanks. It matches what we need, I think
>
> Yet another resource:
> http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/howto/rst-roles.html
>
> However, I haven't figure it out yet where to put the code precisely.
> Some mentions "docutils". Couldn't it be stored within the folder
> hierarchy so that it could easily be shipped for third party? I haven't
> dug much into that yet...
>
>> I think in Sphinx and reStructuredText terms its text 'roles' that we
>> need to add.
>
> Yes.

We will indeed need such custom markup, in particular for TypoScript
reference as you mention. So your explorations will be very useful.
Please document your findings in the wiki. I guess it's worth creating a
new page and relating it to the reST category
(http://wiki.typo3.org/Category:ReST).

Thanks!