[TYPO3-doc] Create custom inline markup reStructuredText

Fabien Udriot fabien.udriot at ecodev.ch
Wed Oct 12 16:02:36 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am currently migrating the Extbase / Fluid Book which was previously in DocBook to
reStructuredText - and give it a try a the same time.

Check out the current state of the work
http://docs.typo3incubator.org/ExtbaseFluidBook/_build/html/Index.html

Currently, I am facing the need to extend custom inline markers. Inline marker are kind of semantic
delimiter that you can use for generating glossary, add special styling, etc... A few inline markers
are available by default but I would like to add my owns. For example "fluid", "typoscript" markers.

Here would be more detail about the default inline markers.
http://sphinx.pocoo.org/rest.html#inline-markup

Docbook snippet:
<methodname>getTitle()</methodname>

reStructuredText snippet: (which does not exist by default)

:methodname:`getTitle()`

Does anybody has a good tutorial / resource to follow how to add such thing? There is in the Sphinx
documentation a tutorial how to add block element but not inline element.

Would be cool!

Cheers,

Fabien