[TYPO3-doc] TYPO3 v4 Incubator Documentation

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Oct 12 08:42:34 CEST 2011

Hi Ingmar,

> If you have any comments to how we use ReST there, or have an official
> docteam styling already, I would be happy to integrate that there.

It's great that you started using reST. Unfortunately we don't have any
guidelines yet. However I wouldn't expect any document to fail matching
guidelines by a wide margin, since there are not many different ways of
writing a reST document.

By the way your post raises the question of timing. Originally the
migration to DocBook was planned to run during this year, but it was
clear already earlier that it was going to run into 2012. With the
switch to reST we have lost some more time (that's not meant in a
negative way). Now with documentation from the BLE project being written
with reST and the corresponding developed being aimed for TYPO3 4.7
(mostly, I guess), we should set ourselves new deadlines and try to
stick to it. The logical deadline would be the release of TYPO3 4.7, so
that any impact the change of documentation format/structure could have
on the Core is resolved by then.

This strays from the original thread and it's not the proper way to
discuss it, but I'll come back to that topic in the coming weeks.