[TYPO3-doc] Screenshots how to indikate that somethink from the screenshot is missing?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Oct 6 15:49:58 CEST 2011

Hi,

> There ist the problem with the numbers and boxes: if I use default tools
> with linux, there is IMHO no tool, which can apply numbering on the fly,
> I must use some more or less advanced tools to edit them.

That's what I tried to say before. It won't be possible with the most
basic tools, but there are still quite a few screen capture tools out
there that are either free or quite cheap, and easy and fast to use,
that can meet the requirements we laid out for screenshots.

It would not be acceptable for me to require full-fledged image editing
tools (like Photoshop or Gimp) to create documentation screenshots.

> Fuzy select the area you want, copy selection, color black and apply
> some unsharpness to this, put it under the original, perhaps do this
> with another two selctions of the area, fill one white, one black to be
> a shadow under the white on, eventually clip everything to fit a
> rectangular for the manual.
>
> Might that be possible or is it to much?

Could be. Could you do a sample, with a description of the necessary steps?