[TYPO3-doc] Screenshots how to indikate that somethink from the screenshot is missing?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 6 12:43:18 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 6-10-2011 12:15, Ines Willenbrock wrote:
>> I'm fine with the idea. I remember facing such a need a while ago. At
>> the time I used two parallel lines to show the gap. I'm fine with a
>> torn paper effect, but I'm a bit afraid that it might be too
>> complicated to reproduce. It should be doable without Photoshop. If
>> this doesn't work out well, using double lines might be an alternative.
>>
> I'd like to use Photoshop, but that doesn't run on linux systems (except
> in certain circumstances, where wine an Photoshop...)
>
> I've found something that looks not too bad with Inkscape, would that be
> ok?

I think that François means that the effect must be fairly easy to
render in any graphics editing tool. There are macros available for
Adobe Photoshop™ ;-) but these can't be used in Gimp, PaintshopPro, etc.

So far the style guides for image effects describe how things should
look (number in circle, arrow, which font and colour, etc.) and use
constructions which can fairly easily be achieved in whatever tool
people use for editing.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.