[TYPO3-doc] Screenshots how to indikate that somethink from the screenshot is missing?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Oct 6 11:22:16 CEST 2011

Hi Ines,

> I mailed with Christopher and we agreed that i should be possible to cut
> screenshots in pieces. To indicate the cut he mentioned that he'd like
> to see something like a torn paper effekt.
> Id like to ask, if anybody knows if there are best practices or even
> something in the style guide to indicate a cut, or if I'm free to
> experiment with torn paper effects.
>
> @Christopher: I have done some tests, it should be possible to describe
> it for the wiki, but not necessarily to reproduce it to the pixel

I'm fine with the idea. I remember facing such a need a while ago. At
the time I used two parallel lines to show the gap. I'm fine with a torn
paper effect, but I'm a bit afraid that it might be too complicated to
reproduce. It should be doable without Photoshop. If this doesn't work
out well, using double lines might be an alternative.