[TYPO3-doc] Status of manuals for TYPO3 4.6 (and help needed)

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Nov 24 21:32:19 CET 2011

Hi all,

The current status of official documentation updates with regards to
TYPO3 4.6 is the following:

- TSconfig and TCA reference are up to date
- the TSref is being worked on by Martin (Holtz) and Christopher

and that's it unfortunately.

We need people to bring at least the Installation Guide and the Getting
Started tutorial up to speed.

The Installation Guide is up to date for TYPO3 4.5, but there's new
stuff in TYPO3 4.6 regarding installation, like rsaauth and
saltedpasswords being active by default (which may cause problems when
Open SSL is missing or misconfigured) and the automatic creation of
cache tables (which is transparent, but may be worth a mention). I
haven't checked precisely, there might be other points.

The Getting Started Tutorial is up to date only up to TYPO3 4.4. The
current SVN version is partly updated for TYPO3 4.5, quite a lot of
screenshots are done, but some sections need a rewrite, like the new
page tree or the new Extension Manager. I'm not exactly sure what has
been done here or not. Maybe someone can shed some light on this.

Who can help with this?