[TYPO3-doc] Documentation budgets

Daniel Bruessler danielb at typo3.org
Mon Mar 21 10:23:41 CET 2011

Hello Francois,

>> By the way we do 100% voluntary work in the wiki - for the wiki there is no budget. I don't think this is needed. What contributors do here and what I do as administrator is by free.
> Yes, there's a lot more voluntary work and it's great!

> Actually anyone can apply for a budget, although now it would be for 2012. I applied for some budgets for the 2 mentioned projects, because I think that they are either large or sometimes not very
> exciting and they could benefit from having some money available.

I again claim no budget, because my view is this: In an open source project there are people with all kinds of professions. What might be a problem for one is really easy for others. So it's good to
make the barrier very low so that people of all professions can contribute and like to do this. That's the reason I focus so much on the wiki as a tool for writers. Much of my todos are not nice +
enjoyable but I know they're needed and help others very much. Such todos are in every opensource project. All projects exchange. We contribute TYPO3-documentation, others contribute the Ubuntu
operation system, others Firebug as development environment. I think if we all want money for our work we get in trouble. Instead we should provide: low barriers for contributors.

Greets!
Daniel

== DocTeam ==
Want to help? Just see what topics you're interested in and join us!
http://typo3.org/teams/documentation-team/
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/team-docteam
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-documentation