[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: sample reference file

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Mar 11 13:59:12 CET 2011

Hi Stephan,

> No - I think I got your arguments, and I understand them. I have
> targeted my concerns and I think you understood them too.
> So if you still want to stick to docbook that's ok for me- you are the
> documentation professional :)

Good :-) I definitely have your concerns in mind and I share them. I
just think sticking to DocBook has a lot of advantages, provided the
concerns can be addressed.

What I see as the next steps now is to finish the discussion about the
general structure of the DocBook-based documentation. That will make it
possible to set up a new repository for the documentation, one that is
common to the v4 and v5 teams. Once it's running we can input more stuff
into the DocBook-based TSref and verify our assumptions.

>> but it certainly does not seem impossible. It may be quite some work,
>> but - as I said already - it's a one-time job and it's worth investing
>> some effort in it so that we have a documentation that rocks.
>>
> you are right. but as far as I see we really haven't too much man-power
> here. If we were some more developers, I would be 120% on your side.

Of course manpower is always the issue. OTOH there are some very clever
people out there in the community who are certainly willing to help if
given a clear focus of what to do. I'm sure we can find motivated
developers once we have something more concrete. I don't think that the
restricted number of participants to the workshop at T3DD10 was
significant. There were many other very motivating workshops at the same
time and people probably were more eager to learn about new stuff with
the gurus than to work on an online version of the TSref, but I'm sure
that the project can be very motivating with a more precise outline.