[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: first sample manual

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Mar 4 16:59:29 CET 2011

Hi all,

I have just committed a new version of manual.xml to the repository [1].

It takes into account some of the later comments/suggestions made in
this thread. I also took care of not leaving any musings/questions in
the main text, but to wrap them all in "remark" tags. Lastly I applied
id attributes to all elements where it seemed relevant to do so, so that
we could better try cross-linking, grouping in sets and rendering.

There are a number of open questions. Please check out the file, look at
the various "remark" tags and come back here for discussion.

I have also grouped this file and the sample reference (reference.xml)
in a set. Actually I have tried to make a set of sets, but I had trouble
with the rendering. There's obviously something I missed, but I don't
know what (yet). However this does not prevent us from continuing the
discussion and - hopefully - coming to a conclusion as far as the manual
is concerned. For the reference, the discussion continues in the
dedicated thread.

BTW I have started adding some information about rendering and the
necessary tools for it in the wiki, see:

http://wiki.typo3.org/DocTeam/DocBook_migration#Command-line_tools

It's quite bare-bones now and needs to be completed, but it should get
you started.

[1]
https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Documentation/official_template/trunk/DocBook/