[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: migrating existing manuals, the first step

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Jun 30 11:39:31 CEST 2011

Hi Tom,

> Maybe I'm repeating myself, but... I've did already some work when
> investigating the FLOW3 manual. I've written some XSLT stylesheets[1] which
> remove bridgeheads or move block elements out of a para, so each block element
> appears as siblings. This is already implemented in the my suggestion of a
> TYPO3 DocBook schema.

I didn't forget what you did ;-) I'm just not sure if and how it applies
to what I was mentioning, which is about migration existing OpenOffice
manuals to DocBook. If your XSLT can help, it's great :-)

> Apart from that, maybe someone can investigate the conversion process. Would
> it possible to remove the creation of bridgeheads all together? The same
> applies for block elements in para. The rest can be attacked through XSLT
> stylesheets.:)

It's definitely something I'm planning to do, and help would be welcome.

What is it that you call "bridgeheads".