[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: migrating existing manuals, the first step

Thomas Schraitle tom_schr at web.de
Thu Jun 30 00:01:25 CEST 2011

Hi Francois,

thanksf for all your efforts!

Wednesday 29 June 2011

> [...]
>
> The result is not yet satisfying, the documents are not entirely valid,
> especially not the core manuals based on the new templates. And I
> haven't even really looked in detail at the results.
>
> I'm not an XSLT expert and I'll certainly need help with improving the
> XSLT file that transforms the OpenOffice XML to DocBook 5. Feel free to
> volunteer! :-)
>
> BTW don't be surprised if I'm more quiet in the coming weeks, I'll be on
> holiday for 3 weeks (although I'll probably be active on the 3rd one).

Maybe I'm repeating myself, but... I've did already some work when
investigating the FLOW3 manual. I've written some XSLT stylesheets[1] which
remove bridgeheads or move block elements out of a para, so each block element
appears as siblings. This is already implemented in the my suggestion of a
TYPO3 DocBook schema.

At the moment the stylesheets are mostly separated, but I think it shouldn't
be difficult to combine them. Could be a good start.

Apart from that, maybe someone can investigate the convertion process. Would
it possible to remove the creation of bridgeheads all together? The same
applies for block elements in para. The rest can be attacked through XSLT
stylesheets. :)

What do the others think?

-------
[1]