[TYPO3-doc] Share font

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 29 16:45:50 CET 2011

Hi,

On 28-1-2011 16:27, François Suter wrote:
> I had missed a couple) are replaced by Share Regular, except for:
>
> - the smaller titles (Heading 4 + 5) where it was indeed hard to tell
> apart from the body text. In this case I used Share Bold.

Switching between weights and variants (bold, italic) in different
heading levels is no problem. It helps to distinguish the various levels.

> - in the table caption I switched to Vera Sans Mono, as it is a more
> technical information and Share looked out of place there.

Vera Sans also looks out of place there. I'm beginning to wonder if we
really need a table structure in these places. Most technical
documentation puts the property name in a heading and things like type,
default, description, notes, syntax, arguments, ... in separate
subheadings.
Maybe this could help also when moving things to docbook format?

Example: http://mootools.net/docs/core/Element/Element

> - for the table of contents I switched to Baskervald as it didn't look
> good to have the whole TOC in Share.

+1

> My personal opinion is also that Share is not a very legible font, even
> when used just for headings. However it is our official font and it's
> proper that we should use it.
>
> Vera Sans Mono definitely stays for code samples IMO.

+1

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert