[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: repository structure and release processes

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Feb 27 22:22:29 CET 2011

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your feedback.

> I guess v4 and v5 are two different worlds, if someone wants to have
> both it must be "just for having it" mostly, because either you are
> working in a v4 project or in a v5 project and want to look up something.

Indeed. Although we try to achieve as much convergence as possible
between the two projects, I don't see much need of cross-references
between v4 and v5 documentation. The important thing is that we use the
same DocBook structure and the same rendering scripts and that all
documentation be presented on a common platform in a common format, for
ease of use/searching/browsing for users.

> Without bothering about any docbook details (my docbook knowledge is
> just starting to build), I would imagine something like this structure:
>
> - v4
> -- Core Docs / Manuals
> -- Core Extensions
> -- TER extensions
>
> - v5
> -- Core Docs / Manuals
> -- Base Distribution
> -- Packages

Well, that looks remarkably similar, so I don't think we should really
have problems converging ;-)