[TYPO3-doc] New Pictures for the Documentation

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Feb 27 11:24:04 CET 2011

Hi Frederic,

> there are only old screenshots in the documentation. I would like to change this, because some of the pictures are really really old.
>
> My questions are: Where should I change those screenshots? In the wiki or some other place? Or aren't pictures favored?

Indeed many existing manuals suffer from outdated screenshots and any
help in updating them is very welcome. Actually Philipp Gampe just
posted a request for help yesterday [1] for updating all the screenshots
in the "Getting Started" tutorial. Guidelines for making screenshots can
be found in the wiki [2].

Of course many more manuals need refreshed screenshots besides Getting
Started. Now quite a few manuals also need a serious revamping, so it's
not worth making screenshots for just any manual without some planning.
I would say that - after Getting Started - the next manual that needs
some care is the TSref. Although update work has not started yet,
existing screenshots could probably be updated already.

To just contribute screenshots, I would advise to open an issue in the
relevant Forge bug tracker and just attach the screenshots there.

Thanks for wanting to help out. Don't hesitate to ask questions if you
have some.

[1]
http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-project-documentation/2011-February/003068.html
[2] http://wiki.typo3.org/DocTeam/Official_Documentation_Screenshots