[TYPO3-doc] Updating Getting Started for 4.5

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Sat Feb 26 00:48:21 CET 2011

Hi all,

I did a first round of changes to update the Getting Started tutorial to
match TYPO3 4.5
I would kindly like to ask for reviews and opinions (see below).

All changes can be seen here:
<http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-
doc_tut_quickstart/repository/diff/trunk/doc_tut_quickstart?rev=598&rev_to=516>

What I did:
* updated labels and descriptions of newly arranged forms (content & pages)
* rewrote the first description on how to create and move pages to new page
tree drag'n'drop (needs a new concept ... see below)
* went trough the rest of the manual and look where description did not
match IP any more (renamed pages)
* changed sysFolder to folder
* added note about file permissions to install instructions and resolved all
open tickets
* updated menu

What I did not (yet) do:
* update screenshots, we will need some more, some changed. I added
[placeholders] where new ones are needed.
* changed anything in extension manager/update translation chapter

1) We need a new concept on how to introduce creating, moving/copying and
deleting of records. Previously it was all the same, but now the new
pagetree introduces a completely different concept.

I would base the creating, moving and deleting of pages on new pagetree and
then introduce the "old" way together with content elements. I think we
should at a note that this can also be done with page records.

Or should it be split up into
* page tree
* page module
* list module
and explain it each time all over?

2) Extension Manager:
In short: stick to old modules or explain new one?

3) Screenshots
If no one wants to do it, I can try to make new screenshots over the
weekend - I fear am not the best in it ... but good practice 216 images in
the document ;)

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe