[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: sample reference file

Stephan Petzl spetzl at gmx.at
Thu Feb 24 09:35:40 CET 2011

Am 23.02.11 22:32, schrieb François Suter:

> We talked about that, yes. I think the conclusion was that the most
> important thing to have was the XML reference itself.
Yes that's on the wiki page, but there is no information regarding why
we should use XML as origin for the TSref

> That being said the big advantage I see in having a XML
> reference (be it DocBook or some other XML structure) is that patches
> can easily be submitted for it, making it possible to implement new
> features in TYPO3 while at the same time also submitting a documentation
> update patch.

Good point- did miss that!

> I do think that maintenance is easier with text-based data
> that with database-based data.
When I think of an TYPO3 backend interface for editing the TSref, it
seems far more usable as editing XML. Maybe I miss something here (I've
not done so much documentation maintenance by now).
E.g. Versioning would be done by TYPO3....

> Also it would follow the same logic as
> the rest of the documentation.

Yes that seems to be an argument as well. Although I'm not so sure about
the consequences of having different ways of documentation...

--
Best Regards
Stephan Petzl