[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: sample reference file

Stephan Petzl spetzl at gmx.at
Thu Feb 24 09:23:37 CET 2011

Am 23.02.11 22:43, schrieb François Suter:
>> 1) TYPO3 newcomers (who do their first website)
>> Usecases:
>> 1.1) wants to have a step by step tutorial as website, how to do a basic
>> page with typoscript
>> 1.2) wants 1.1 as printable documentation for reading while lying on the
>> sofa
>
> Yes, that would be a DocBook manual, with cross-references to the TS
> reference.

exactly!

>> 2) extension developers (who maybe did 1-10 extensions)
>> Usecases:
>> 2.1) wants to have a desciption about cObjects, functions, conditions
>> and their properties on the web
>
> What difference would there be here compared to 1.3?

No difference. That's my point: I just wanted to show you why I think
that a web based, simple structured (details hidden) web presentation of
the TS Ref is most important. It could be used for all 3 main target
groups. That's why I would start from there. Build an extbase extension,
get some helping hands together and feed data in our new tsref-database.

Although your argument with patches is one that I didn't consider- Let
me think about this...

--
Best Regards
Stephan Petzl