[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: sample reference file

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Feb 22 22:36:41 CET 2011

Hi,

>    <para>For more information, see the<xref
>         linkend="typoscript.datatype.type.int"/>  datatype.</para>
>
> Which would be rendered as this:
>
>    For more information, see the int datatype.
>
> (The "int" in the previous sentence is a link in HTML.)

Hmm, I think we've got a misunderstanding because I'm basing myself on
what XMLEditor shows me, which is not what *you* "see" because you are
already projecting yourself in the rendered stuff.

What you actually mean is that

<xref linkend="typoscript.datatype.type.int"/>

will be rendered as "int" (with a link around it) because "int" is the
value written inside the refname tag. Is that right?

I suppose the answer is "yes" after trying out the command-line test you
indicated. I begin to understand why you say that the pseudo-WYSIWYG
view in a DocBook editor can be confusing...