[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: sample reference file

Christian Kartnig office at hahnepeter.de
Tue Feb 22 15:23:19 CET 2011

Hi Francois!

> Now this distinction does not need to be visible to the reader/user. If
> you think about a straightforward rendering as a book (or book-like
> structure), readers may use the table of contents or more probably the

I agree with you. I think it's a good idea to preserve the
categorization, but offer a view where it's possible for newbies to find
some object without knowing which category it belongs to.

I think it would really be a good idea to explicitly write down
usecases, where the tsref is needed, so that we can pin down all the
requirements. Maybe we can have a little brainstorming in this list?

I also have a question about the format the reference will be maintained
in. Will this be docbook?
Because for generating the XML file for the t3editor codecompletion, it
would be kind of tedious and error-prone to parse the docbook file (e.g.
you have to rely on the correct order of refentry tags to get type and
description (or you have to parse the text inside refsection/title)).

I know that at t3dd10 we talked about having the tsref in a relational
database, but I don't remember what were the disadvantages of this
approach. Because Stephan and I recently talked about making the first
step towards an online tsref by writing an extbase extension that can
display an HTML version of the tsref. It would also be easily possible
by generating docbook and codecompletion xml formats by using another
fluid template. But this would most simply be based on db records,
maintainable in the TYPO3 backend.

What do you think?

best regards,
Christian