[TYPO3-doc] New templating tutorial

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 1 23:04:20 CET 2011

On 1-2-2011 17:21, François Suter wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I think that the Intro package doesn't support TV which is not a
>> sysext and never will be and that FTB will need to still exist in a
>> form or another...
>
> Indeed.

automaketemplate isn't a sysext either, but it is used by the
Introduction Package (just like tt_news and realurl).

MTB part 1 explains the basics of templating in TYPO3 (markers) and
introduces automaketemplate as an easy way to create markers. This
deserves a tutorial, because >99% of the web sites use this to build the
HTML.

>> So at least we should provide a notice to let people know about
>> "the other way" of templating with TYPO3.
>
> I discussed about that with Tolleiv and he agreed that TemplaVoilà
> should have a separate manual, that would replace the FTB. It's
> obvious that if FTB disappears, less people will use TemplaVoilà...

It deserves also a tutorial like FTB, because it takes templating a step
further by supplying a GUI (and giving FCEs).

> It will somehow become like any other extension: it will have to
> promote itself and keep prodding the Core to improve until all its
> feature set is covered.

I don't follow this reasoning. TemplaVoilà is a normal extension just
like automaketemplate and both use the marker mechanism for templating.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert