[TYPO3-doc] New templating tutorial

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Feb 1 17:21:28 CET 2011

Hi,

> I think that the Intro package doesn't support TV which is not a sysext
> and never will be and that FTB will need to still exist in a form or
> another...

Indeed.

> So at least we should provide a notice to let people know about "the
> other way" of templating with TYPO3.

I discussed about that with Tolleiv and he agreed that TemplaVoilà
should have a separate manual, that would replace the FTB. It's obvious
that if FTB disappears, less people will use TemplaVoilà... It will
somehow become like any other extension: it will have to promote itself
and keep prodding the Core to improve until all its feature set is covered.