[TYPO3-doc] Templates with strange font?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Aug 23 10:02:19 CEST 2011

Hi,

> i wonder why we have bought the share fonts and released them to the
> community.

Have you tried to read a document entirely written in Share font? Buy
some Aspirin first ;-)

The Share is good for headlines and not for body text.

It is not used in the current documentation template because, at the
time when that template was designed, the Share font hadn't been
released yet. And as Jigal mentioned, since we're in the process of
migrating the documentation to another format anyway, we're not
investing more effort into this.

However the Share font will definitely be used for some levels of
headings in the future.

> correct my if i am wrong. but this is kind of strange. if those fonts
> are gpl2 then add them to the repo.

That's a good idea. We didn't think of that before, because until now
they were used only for the official documentation, on which only a few
people are working.